The Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (‘Privacy Act’) and the National Privacy Principles (‘NPP’s) govern the way in which we must manage your personal information.
Types of information collected
We may collect and hold personal information that can identify you, such as your name, address, other contact details relevant to providing you with the services you are seeking.
Purpose of collection
Generally, we will collect and use your personal information for one or more of the following reasons:
- providing services to you or someone else you know;
- processing an application you have made;
- undertaking various activities required by law;
- providing you with information about other services that may be of interest to you;
- providing you with promotional information about us and other organisations that we have affiliations with;
- facilitating our internal business operations, including the fulfilment of any legal requirements; and
- analysing our services and customer needs to develop improved services.
Methods of collection
Personal information will generally be collected directly from you through the use of any of our standard forms, over the internet, via email or through a telephone conversation with you.
Failure to provide information
If the personal information you provide to us is incomplete and/or inaccurate, we may be unable to provide you with the services you are seeking.
If you access our website, we may collect additional personal information about you in the form of your IP (internet Protocol) address and domain name.
Use and Disclosure
Generally, we only use and disclose personal information about you for the purposes of which it was collected (as set out above). Although, we may disclose personal information about you to:
- A buyer who is ready to purchase a car or product that has been consigned to us.
We will take reasonable steps to make sure that the personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
All reasonable measures are taken to ensure that your personal information is stored safely to protect it from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure, including electronic and physical security measures.
Access and Correction
If you believe the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date, please notify us immediately. We will take reasonable steps to correct the information so that it is accurate, complete and up to date.
If you have any questions regarding our security policy, please feel free to contact us at:
Postal address: 27 Neumann Rd, Capalaba QLD 4157
Email address: email@example.com
Telephone: 07 3245 5122